Sunday, January 22, 2006

 

When the Time Stood Still

I woke up as my mobile phone functioning as a stand-in alarm clock gave the buzz. I must have snoozed it two times for when I was fully awake and looked at the wall clock on my way outside, it was 6:15 am. Just as I opened the door, ushering in the chill winter air, the sound of a bicycle braking to a stop in front of the gate and the newspaper guy flicking the morning papers on my doorstep greeted me. On an impulse, I decided to go up to the terrace. Just as I reached the first floor landing, the door facing me opened and the retired major stepped out. He was sporting a muffler and the turtleneck sweater I am so used to seeing. As he came near me, he tripped over the untied jogging shoes he was wearing. He muttered "Sorry" and "Morning" in the same breath and disappeared down the staircase.I reached the terrace on the second floor.

It was too cold to enjoy anything so I decided to get back downstairs. I thought I heard the sound of a bicycle braking to a stop just like a few minutes earlier but I wasnt sure.When I reached the first floor landing, out walked the retired major. In what was like an action replay of what happened a few minutes back, he tripped over the untied shoes and for the second time said "Sorry" and "Morning". I went inside my house and got the shock of my life when I saw the time. It was still showing 6:15 am and sure enough there was for the third time the sound of the bicycle braking to a stop and the the newspapers being dropped on my doorstep.

Sorry to spoil it but this did not happen to me, took inspiration from a film I watched called "Groundhog Day" to write this.

Comments:
hmmm.. what shud i say?!!
 
LOL you had me there for a minute. I was reading this my mouth agape till your last line.Wow what a thriller of a post. Fantastic !!!
 
Hi Praveen... I am sorry but you have been "tagged"...for more details kindly visit my Blog at " http://tarni.blogspot.com/"...regards Tarni
 
You have been tagged by me too!!! :)
 
you did get mt attention till the last para ........

u do know how to build a suspense and break it boom like that ..well written any ways ...

cya around
Ash
 
ROCKSEA: say something
SILVERINE: Thank You.
TARNI and SILVERINE: Two tags in two days is pretty hard to digest.Hope to pick up the tag sometime(soon I hope).
ASH: Thanks for the compliments and for dropping by.
 
tht was a glitch in the matrix, unfortunately three (is the figure correct?) times in a row.. :-)
 
that is a brilliant movie...
 
Strange and inexplicable experiences in life are not unreal.; just as fiction can look real; reality can also look fictitious. Nevertheless, the suspense was truly gripping.
 
well written praveen:)
 
JITHU: LOL
THE MONK: Thanks for dropping by. Yeah,The movie was gr8
PRADEEP: Hmmm.. ya what you say is true. I guess my last sentence broke off the suspense :)
DEWAKER: Thanks :)
 
you blew it up too soon! But I liked it...
Will keep visiting your blog!
 
Sounds like Neo saying that he just had "Deja Vu"

You were in the Matrix man!!
 
first time in here on an early sunday morning reading a great post
cheers:)
 
O Meandering mind. I am in Bangalore nowadays. Why dont we ruminate together sometime? ;-)
 
Even the blog stood still?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Free Hit Counter