Monday, October 04, 2004

 

Thinking Tennis

Suddenly iam thinking tennis( no idea why, is it because I saw cows feeding on grass sometime back and my seemingly innocuous thoughts locked onto Lendl and then not so innocently meandered onto Federer:-))and this thought just comes out of the blue.It gives me a jolt. I mean what would have happened if Federer had arrived in a different era- say sometime in the mid eighties and continued playing the way he is playing today. How many grand slams or any miniscule tournament for that matter,would the prominent tennis players( not in any order) of Sampras, Agassi,Edberg,Becker( I cant think about Boris not winning any since he is my favorite),Courier have won. Its just a thought and i cant help but feel why did i waste 20 minutes( thinking + typing this piece) of my time on this hypothetical situation. No changing history is there?

Comments:
Federer doesn't even have a coach!
He doesn't seem to need one either,
certainly one of the most talented of all time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Free Hit Counter