Friday, October 22, 2004

 

Celebrating Death

"If the red slayer think he slays, Or if the slain think he is slain, They know not well the subtle ways, I keep and pass and turn again"-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
What if your worst enemy had a tryst with death? Would it be a cause for celebration? For the past few days , the newspapers here have been littered with the news of the killing of somebody( a Mr 'X') who had eluded the law makers for a better part of two decades. Even though the eventual triumph of these law makers in succeeding on this mission needs to be lauded, the fact that there have been smiles on everyones face just because this Mr 'X' has perished is something that surprises me. I mean should we really celebrate a fellow being's death? Its something to ponder over. I was glad when I realized that I wasnt the only one having such thoughts. In the editorials of one news paper there was one letter whose contents( not verbatim) stated "Should we celebrate death even if the person in question is one of the most sought after criminals today?".

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Free Hit Counter